Friday, December 7, 2007

Biking to the auto tire store

I put my mountain bike in my car and headed to Belle Tire to get winter tires on my car. The tire shop is 2.5 miles from home, and so after selecting the tires, I left the car in the shop and biked home on sidewalks and streets that were somewhat icy. It was my first time out in snowy conditions. My bike handled fine. I put on an extra layer today and stayed toasty warm. It is such a thrill to be out on my bike this time of year - exhilarating!

One of my co-workers is considering doing a triathlon in the spring. I am in awe of people whose lungs and bodies are able to perform such feats. I am content to do a few miles at a time and not find my limits. That said, I hope to increase my endurance so that I can do 20 miles through a nearby park. I haven't tried more than 4 miles. But, once I bike back to pick up my car, I'll have a total of 5 miles in for today. A good start - especially considering the weather.

No comments: